Friday, March 13, 2009

Drivers license

Yesterday Brett and I both did the practical driving test in order to get our Queensland driver's licenses. My appointment was at 08:00 and everything went well, except for the reverse park (parallel parking) where I almost drove on top of the kerb and almost failed because of that. When you go for the license you are allowed to make 8 minor driving errors, but 1 fatal mistake can fail you. Driving onto the kerb would have been a fatal mistake. So in the end I passed with 7 minor errors. I paid my fee for 5 years (you can choose from 1 - 5 years) of $70 and were out of there before 9:00 ... with my new license in my hand! No waiting for 6 - 8 weeks! So that took less than an hour to do my driving test, pay my fee, have a photo taken and get the license ... amazing!!!

The pressure was then on Brett ... his appointment was at 09:30. We swopped cars (he did the test in my car, a manual) Jess and I went to the shops and I was so nervous that he wouldn't pass! An hour later he phoned me ... he had failed ... went over the speed limit. I met him somewhere to swop cars again so that I could go to work and he showed me ... his Queensland driver's license! He passed, didn't go over the speed limit like he said! He only made 5 minor errors ... With Brett you never know, do you? :-)

So now we've both got our Aussie driver's licenses, and what a relief that is!

Ryan is doing really really well at school! According to the teacher, the two Ryans are inseparable!

Jess is loving the time with her daddy, but is not giving him a lot of free time to do his thing. Brett joined the gym and goes to gym every morning. He leaves her with a lady there that looks after the kids for a small fee, a much needed break for the dad!

Work is going well, I'm enjoying it here and the work is challenging. I leave home at 06:00 in the morning and get here around 06:45. I'm not so tired anymore, getting used to getting up so early in the morning.

This weekend we're going to visit our friends, Thomas and Ilona, on the gold coast. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cash Making Opportunities - The Beginning The working life is already tough enough, but the worries of being out of work was even tougher. The unsecured working environment have prompted me to search the internet for an alternative source of extra income so that I could learn how to Make Money Work for me and be Financially Independent. I listed down a number of Free Internet Business Opportunity Ideas while researching ways how people earn money online while working-from-home.......

www.onlineuniversalwork.com